Spectrum have taken the social media world my storm, with the most Instagrammable brushes on the market. It’s impossible for me to scroll through my feed without seeing at least one post featuring them. They certainly know what their customers want as they are coming out with such gorgeous collections that are being snapped up very quickly.
Buying new brushes can be tricky, buying individually it can get incredibly expensive and buying a set most likely ensures you’ll end up with two or three brushes you’ll never use. That isn’t the case for Spectrum, especially if you’re a makeup addict. In the larger collections, of course there is a wider variety of brushes and in the smaller collections it is a little more niche but will still cover all bases. I can safely say there is not one brush out of the 10 Piece Essential Set collection that I haven’t used and loved.
I’ll take you through what I use each brush for. I’ll start from left to right.
- I use this brush for my powder and making sure my blusher and bronzer are blended into each other nicely, it is too big to apply product unless it’s my loose powder, as it’s difficult to get to small areas such as the temples and cheekbones.
- This brush is used for my foundation, it works very well with my Urban Decay All Nighter foundation as it’s such a thick foundation and works well. It’s fluffy and blends well but you do have to clean it often, not due to the brush itself but due to the foundation making the bristles stick together.
- This brush is FAB for blending out eyeshadow, it fits very nicely into the crease too!
- I like this brush for depositing colour/glitter shadows onto the lid. It works well for packing colour on and builds up pigmentation lovely.
- Another great blending brush, very similar to brush 3 but just a different shape!
- This brush is amazing for filling your brows in with, so precise and stiff so sharp brows are easy with this brush.
- I use this brush for applying colour directly into my inner corner, I have small eyes so it ensures the colour is packed on very precisely and that I don’t have shadow going too far into the lid.
- This is an eyeliner brush, I love that the handle is angled and it makes it easier to get a fine line into the corner of your eye. It makes it easy to get a strong wing and I love this brush!
- I use this brush once my eyeshadow is all done and my concealer is blended, I like my eyeshadow under my eye and on the outer corner to be quite bold, as it makes my eyes look bigger but blending the concealer and eyeshadow together to make it all neat can be difficult with a beauty blender, so this brush just ties it all together.
- This is my favourite of the brush, it applies blush to the apples of my cheeks perfectly and it is such a soft brush. I can’t recommend it enough!
I wish I could explain how soft and brilliant these brushes are, but I can’t so you’ll have to order one for yourself (or let’s be real, a full set). They are available to buy seperately but in sets they are great value. I’m so thankful to Spectrum for sending me these brushes, they are wonderful and I use them absolutely every day. I couldn’t imagine not using them now and I definitely could not go back to my cheap ebay brushes.
If you’re looking for a present for absolutely any makeup lover, these will be perfect!