If you’re like me and thinking about incorporating LED Light Therapy into your skincare, here are some reasons why you should think about it…But first, what is LED Light Therapy?
LED light therapy has become a very popular skincare treatment over the past few years. It uses different colours of LED lights to help with various skin concerns. LED light therapy works by penetrating the skin at different depths, triggering cellular activity that can improve skin texture, reduce inflammation and boost collagen production.
Red light therapy is commonly used to target anti-ageing concerns, as it helps to stimulate collagen and elastin production, resulting in firmer, plumper-looking skin. Blue light therapy, on the other hand, is often used to treat acne as it helps to kill the bacteria that can cause breakouts. Green light therapy is effective for reducing redness and irritation, while yellow light therapy is used to brighten the complexion and even out skin tone.
Ready to know why you should try it out? Here are 5 reasons:
- Stimulates collagen production: LED light therapy has been shown to stimulate collagen production, which is important for maintaining the skin’s elasticity and firmness. Collagen is a protein that helps to give the skin its structure, and as we age, our natural collagen production declines. By stimulating collagen production, LED light therapy can help to reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles and improve skin texture.
- Reduces inflammation: LED light therapy can also help to reduce inflammation in the skin. This is because the light energy penetrates deep into the skin, which it can help to increase circulation and reduce the production of inflammatory molecules. This can be especially beneficial for those with acne-prone skin, as inflammation is a key factor in developing acne.
- Improves skin tone and texture: LED light therapy can also help improve the skin’s overall tone and texture. By increasing circulation and promoting cell turnover, LED light therapy can help to reduce the appearance of dark spots, hyperpigmentation, and other skin discolourations. It can also help to smooth out rough patches and improve overall skin texture.
- Helps to boost the immune system: LED light therapy has been shown to help boost the immune system. This is because light energy stimulates the production of cytokines, which are proteins that help to regulate the immune system. By boosting the immune system, LED light therapy can help to improve the overall health and vitality of the skin.
- Safe and non-invasive: Finally, LED light therapy is a safe and non-invasive treatment option for the skin. Unlike other treatments, such as chemical peels or laser therapy, LED light therapy does not damage the skin or require any downtime. It is also painless and can be done in a relatively short amount of time, making it a convenient option for those with busy schedules.
LED Light Therapy is definitely something I’d like to get involved in, so stay tuned as I may just be trying it out for myself soon so I can get rid of some pesky acne scarring!